2007/11/09

Beginning of Day 9

I ended Day 8 with 15,998. Now I'm at 17,349. Everything is flowing smoothly along.

Right after I finished writing the previous blog post, the epiphany finally hit me. Edward is the same story as Amulet I. It's just that both of the previous times, I was telling it from the wrong starting point, because I didn't know who the story was really about. Or well, I had it partly right ... I thought it was about Aliacorba when it was about Edward, but Edward essentially becomes Aliacorba by the end of the story. And since the story is about Edward, it should start where Edward's story starts, which is back several hundred years when he first stepped off the path of being a standard shallow, arrogant noble.

It all makes a lot more sense now. The timeframe of Aliacorba is actually the middle of the story and not the beginning. Also, a surprisingly large number of the scenes that failed in Attempts #1 and #2 are, in fact, successful scenes in the first half that I wasn't aware of before. They were just in the wrong places with the wrong cast.

So this year has been going very well. I'm having a lot of fun. And most importantly, everything finally feels like it's right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment