Mid-day two. Word count so far is a whopping 72. :p Clearly it was a bad idea to attempt to write without any clue what to write about.
I do have several novel ideas, but I am not really at a point of being ready to do any of them. Not like with the plot I picked for Nano. For that one, I didn't have every last detail figured out but I had enough to do most of it. Or I could do one of the non-novel ideas, such as 50 random 1k-word scenes, or just freewrite.
I'm at work at the moment, so I can't really work on anything writing-related for several hours. My plan is to come back later and vent at great length about how I can't do anything. Oddly, this seems to be the way I get myself started on doing a lot of things where I'm sketchy about my abilities. If I rant and rave about how I can't do it, and list many reasons (excuses) for why not, I often end up doing exactly what I say I can't do, and do it well. Must be like an internal challenge to myself. My subconscious responds to the "I can't!" whines with an "oh yeah? BS! You just watch me!" ;)
So that's the plan. More on that later, especially if it works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment