That's it folks, the writing's done, the 37,315-word freewrite challenge is OVAH!
Well, let's see how I did. 35,474 words in the past 24 hours. I got way too complacent this afternoon, got myself sucked into too many interesting IM conversations, and didn't write. So I fell about 2k words short of the goal.
But still, 35k freewrite words in 24 hours is still way more than I've ever done before. So it's still a fairly impressive feat in its own right. ;) Plus it puts me a lot closer to doing the 50k words I dared to do for the February Novel Dare. A bit of freewriting on Sunday and Monday, and I should be able to get in the rest of it really easily.
I also informally clocked myself a few times. I seem to hit 80 wpm as a good, comfy writing speed. Near the end there when I was trying to crank it all out as fast as possible, it gusted up briefly to 92 wpm. But at that speed there's a lot of typos, and my hands cramp really fast.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the results. The ultimate point was to get me off my duff and do some writing. And it did. Furthermore, it caused Robert to challenge me to write with him in the 3-Day Novel dare over Labor Day, and I think I'm going to do it. At least, I'll put in the prep work for a novel to write, and decide at the last minute whether I want to cough up the $50 to do it officially. Plus I did learn a few things about myself and my writing processes. So all in all, it was a successful challenge. :)
2005/02/26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment