2005/02/09

Dragonfly

Well, I wrote .. something ... :D.

I had extremely surreal, complex dreams this morning. The last one before I woke up was about a giant dragonfly that was big enough for me to cling to its back while it flew me places. Later on, in the way dreams tend to segue smoothly into new scenes without any reason whatsoever, I was a 60 year old man dying of heart failure. The dragonfly was more of a sympathetic spirit in that part of the dream than an actual creature. By the time I woke up, I was convinced I was dying. (And that I was a 60 year old man with a wife and all sorts of family that I don't actually have.) It took me walking all the way into the bathroom before I remembered otherwise ...

Anyway, so that dream kind of nibbled at the back of my mind all day long. Finally I figured I needed to write it down. So I did.

It turned into a bizarre, surreal abstract piece of 846 words. That I actually kind of like. It was really cool, despite the lack of plot and characters. ;) I seem to be pretty good at writing strong endings, as this one has a very strong ending. I'm not entirely sure the rest of it leads up to the ending quite so well, but since it's a freewrite, that doesn't really bother me. I wrote it for me, and I felt the oomph behind the ending, and therefore it's good enough.

So, Novel Dare day 9, 2767 words. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment