Well, I spent my evening looking over my city's timeline. After a lot of thinking and tinkering, I think the series is going to have six novels.
1. Temple - this is what I'm working on now. Basically, Felicia (the head of the temple) makes a whole bunch of tragic mistakes in a row and causes a war. ;) I'm working on making her series of errors more plausible by adding an accomplice that has her own underhanded goals to confuse the mix. This accomplice, Ashley, is who the majority of my remaining scenes-to-be-written are going to focus on. I'm planning to dive back into it this weekend.
2. Amulet I - in which Jacob and Thomas meet, become friends, and share their life stories with each other. Also will cover stuff revolving around Janis when she's in her 20s, including when she first met Thomas. The first amulet incident is not meaty enough to be a novel by itself, so it would work better as a lengthy series of flashbacks for Thomas.
3. Amulet II - in which Antoine and Adrien are ousted from the city by Mindy. (It's way more complex than that, but that sums it up pretty well...). This will also need to introduce Arthur Glorian, Sally Anne, and possibly Sarabelle. I might also toss in the subplot about the caern, but it's not related. It just happens to occur at the same time as the main events.
4. Triangle - in which Nathaniel first establishes the foundations of the giant, city-wide ward to bind the demon. Nathaniel, Henry, and Antoine have a huge fight about what should go where in the founding of the city.
5. Dragon and Phoenix - Jalai grows into her birthright. Lots of other people try to take it away from her. This one is the closest to a 'sequel' to Temple, though it isn't really.
6. The Fall of Myan - an army of zombies wreaks havoc. ;)
7. There would've been one about the Return of Thomas to Fortress Launne, but unfortunately at the end of Temple, Janis talks him out of leaving in the first place. :p So, I'm going to have to rethink this one. (My characters decided not to play out what I wanted them to... doesn't affect Temple all that much, but it does affect all the books set after it.)
others:
Mudawi Three
Nathaniel and the Demon
These two would be set way in the distant past, and not in Fortress Launne.
My overall plan at this point is to finish writing the first-draft scenes for Temple, possibly get the second draft cranked out after that, and then work out the details for a different book in time for next November (Nanowrimo). My thoughts at this point are to do either Amulet I or Amulet II next.
The trouble is that I don't think I can write these books one at a time all the way to finish, because they're all from the same setting and share the same timeline, and stuff is interconnected between them. I might have to do all 6 of them together. What can I say, clearly I'm only going to be rich and famous as a writer post-humously. ;)
2005/02/04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment