RPoL's hard drive has been found! *much rejoicing commences* :D
It was in someone else's box. They discovered it attached to their box, noticed it wasn't their data, and posted a query about it on the webhostingtalk forum. Lo and behold, it turned out to be RPoL's. The admins haven't verified the integrity of the data yet but it looks good so far. We might not have lost any but the last hour or so of posts.
So now it's all downhill from here. They're working on transferring the data to the new server. The big part - with all the text posts - is 30 GB. (30 GB of text!) It'll be a while to get that moved across the Internet, and then there's some more setting up to do from there, but everything should be back to normal in a few more days. :)
The first thing I plan to do, of course, is to archive every thread of any importance whatsoever to me personally, out of every game I care about. This shouldn't slow down anyone else, as it won't be my turn to post anywhere, since all my games had been dead a couple days before the outage (which means that even if there was a day or two of data loss, I won't be affected).
And now that I know my posts are safe, no matter how long it takes for them to actually get it put back together, I think I'll be able to move on and start doing stuff again. :)
2006/05/17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment