2006/05/23

SFR Day 23

67 / 90 days to go | 23 / 90 days gone
14,199 / 90,000 words done | 8801 words behind

Temple: 2813
general roleplay: 2626
Blogs: 8760

I've added a "words behind" stat just so I can see how far off-target I am. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Tonight's new (fiction) words were all from roleplay. I went around being a GM, updating my game with an interlinked set of three simulposts, and also wrote one other one for the other game where I'm about to blow up a warehouse.

The player in that latter thread isn't all that great for writing, but I'm enjoying it anyway and have to keep myself from getting carried away writing what happens with everyone else in the scene. It's been fun, and I know the rest of the game's players are reading along and appreciating, so it doesn't even matter that my actual player doesn't write well. The thread in question is here if anyone is curious. It's only 43 posts long and a hoot (at least in my opinion). Basically a Sabbat pack (one PC, everything else is mine), sneaking into a warehouse to kill people and then set it on fire. We've reached the "set it on fire" stage and I'm planning at least one more unpleasant surprise for that part of it. ;)

As for my own game, the Problem of the Day was 5 players in 3 separate groups who were all basically in the same area, 4 of them waiting around and one of them trying to leave, and I had to figure out something interesting for them to do. Scene beginnings seem to kill me even when it's a roleplay scene, and not a novel scene. I wrote in a bunch of stuff that sound intriguing but even I don't know yet what any of it means. I'll figure it out later. I usually try to put off figuring anything out until the last possible moment, whereupon I have to do it because I'm backed into a corner. ;)

As for fiction writing, I didn't get very far with the whole "What happens if I put the MC in the woods?" thing. Two sentences in and I knew it wasn't going to work. He was just going to stand there and wait for me to tell him what he was doing. :p Which meant I had to figure stuff out first. I'm thinking it over. I have a few ideas of how else I can try to start that scene, but nothing firm yet.

Meanwhile, I looked over the bus story last night. I noticed that I didn't actually have a local copy of it anywhere - apparently my local copy was the one on the Dana, and the Dana ran out of batteries ... :p So I had to recreate a file from my backup on rpol. (Even if rpol had been lost forever, I also have a second backup for the first 9 chapters at SFFMuse so it still wouldn't've been a total loss. And I have the first 9 chapters in hardcopy also.) I reread over parts of it and laughed my head off. Maybe I should get around to finishing off those last 2.5 chapters. I have what will hopefully be an exciting highway chase scene planned for the second half of Chapter 10. Nothing like high speed action to get things going again, I hope. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to do it all in one long chunk like I keep wanting to do. Maybe tomorrow...

But for now I need to get to bed. I have to get up early tomorrow to take the car into the shop before work. Hopefully I won't be so late getting off work that I won't want to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment