2006/05/31

SFR End of First Month

SFR 2006:
59 / 90 days to go | 31 / 90 days gone
16,348 / 90,000 words done | 14,652 words behind

Temple: 2813
general roleplay: 4169
Blogs: 9366

I'm really not doing too good. Tonight was the first time I wrote anything in days. All new words were roleplay, and I was stuck with what to do for that for quite a while. Tonight's efforts were another three-post simul-post. I have three other posts to do in other games, but I can safely put them off without holding up anyone other than the GM. And Robert wants me to slip off for some more Diablo 2, so I'll just do that instead. :)

What've I been doing instead of writing? Lots of reading. Assimilating a ton of info about agents and the publishing industry in general. I know very little, but I've been slowly reading Miss Snark. (Thanks ellsea for pointing me to that. :) ) There's a lot of useful info in there for when I'll actually need to submit something.

Speaking of submissions, I found some writing contests that I could enter. Dragonfly might fit into one of them; it's an annual contest at a literary fiction magazine. I'm thinking Stranger on a Bus could get submitted to another one that's open to all writers of Asian descent (which would include me); however, the story has nothing to do with Asian or Asian American issues and doesn't even have any Asian-descent characters in it. So I don't know how well it'll do. I might try to come up with something else for it instead. I'm also contemplating a "Scenes from the Inside of a Chinese Takeout" as a nonfiction memoir-like thing to submit somewhere. Maybe New Yorker? I don't know yet.

Of course, all of that would depend on me getting off my butt and finishing/editting things. Right now, though, I'm sucked in pretty good on Snark archives...

No comments:

Post a Comment