SFR 2006:
87 / 90 days to go | 03 / 90 days gone
1493 / 90,000 words done
general roleplay: 719
Temple: 774
Well, after a lot of head banging, I managed to come up with some progress on Temple. It took a while to bash the first few paragraphs into useable form, and I didn't end up starting from scratch on it. I heavily expanded what I'd had from Version 2. When I was done doing that, though, I led right into a big dialogue segment that was brand new. It wasn't an "As you know, Bob" because Bob didn't actually know before the king told him. So it worked out well as an infodump without being contrived.
Of course, now I have no clue where I'm going or what to write next. More thinking needed before I continue.
As for the "roleplay" category - today I wrote one very short post, and editted someone else's post. Edits do count, regardless of whether I'm editting mine or someone else's work. In this particular case, it was a post that my co-GM wrote initially, that I editted, and then he liked it well enough after my edit to post it.
However, that does mean that I only get to count it once toward goal. And it's a bit of a misnomer to call it "uneditted roleplay" when what I'm sticking in is both uneditted roleplay and roleplay edits counted once. And I'm not even doing any high-quality writing roleplay anymore, so there's no point in having a category for it.
(I think at this point I'm really just babbling on minutia ... I'm really tired, leave me alone. :p)
So that's what my two categories are so far.
I will probably also get some more work done on Amulet II before the challenge is over. I'd originally not planned to look at it again for another month or two, but I had to read through some of it to look stuff up for what I was doing in Temple. (Trying to keep everything consistent within the whole universe, after all.) This meant that I ended up reading huge chunks of it instead of doing any editting/writing. My king is hilarious. He's letting me be at my sarcastic worst - with impunity. It's heartening, too, that stuff I wrote back in November under Nano pressure, for a scene where I stalled out two or three times and thought I was doing badly, actually came out well enough to make me roll around on the floor laughing.
So ... overall I feel pretty good about where I am, even though the wordcount is a tad behind. Hopefully I'll be able to catch myself up in a day or two, if I know what I'm doing next well enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment