2006/05/14

My life seems to be on hold at the moment

With RPoL still out, it's like I can't actually get myself to do anything else, writing-wise, until I find out for sure what happens. At the moment half the games might not have backed up properly. Basically, the last good backup probably occurred in December for those games, which means 4-5 months of posts would be gone. Mine is one of those that would be affected; all the good parts happened after December. There's three other games on my list that are also likely to suffer heavy losses - the two smaller ones might cease to exist, and the third would be mortally crippled (and my own character in it would cease to exist). The only hope at this point is that the incompetent webhost actually comes through and puts the site back up intact.

WebHostingPlus (the incompetents) claims that they're done doing their migration, which is an outright lie. But since just about everything they've said publicly is false, that's no big surprise. Regardless, though, there's not much the rest of us can do except wait and hope.

In other news, I'm sore all over. I went horseback riding yesterday. It was my first time. The horse didn't really care much about my opinions on where we should go. :p It would only do two things - go fast, or stop and eat. It behaved when the trail guide had the reins, but otherwise it knew I was useless. So now I'm sore all over, and there's bruises on my butt. :( I can barely move today. My back is not very cooperative about the whole walking thing, and my arms are sore too from all that yanking on the horse's head to get it to stop eating. (Not that it worked.)

I need to get back to Temple. I got stuck at the beginning of the third scene, when I read over the first two drafts of it and noticed that it was cringe-worthy. I'm thinking to rewrite from scratch, then go back and incorporate in all the 'good' parts from the second draft afterward. Maybe I'll manage to get to it tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment