SFR 2006:
70 / 90 days to go | 20 / 90 days gone
11,299 / 90,000 words done
Temple: 2813
general roleplay: 1923
Blogs: 6563
Not counting whatever the wordcount is on this blog entry, I'm about 10k words behind. :( It's funny how that always seems to work out - that I always manage to have half the words I'm supposed to have for any given challenge. (Except Nano. I've manage to do good with those so far.)
All the categories have gone up. I'm particularly pleased with the increased roleplay count. :) Wrote my first two posts since the outage. Both for characters in games run by my favorite GM, who is quite good at making me think "oh good lord, what now?!!" at every other post. Felt good. :)
Roleplaying is still mostly dead, though. All my games were dead for two days before the outage, and the outage hasn't changed anything. My game keeps getting OOC posts but nobody is writing anything IC. I don't actually mind that much. It's been hard getting back into the mood for roleplaying. Especially since everyone else seems to be having offline difficulties and slowness. See, it always works out this way. First I find all the good people and put them all together in the same game, and then everyone disappears due to Real Life. This time it looks like it might include me, too. If everything stays dormant, I'm not going to join any new games.
I've written one paragraph toward the next scene of Temple I'm working on. I wrote it a couple days ago - after the RPoL disk was found, but before it was back online. I completely fell out of my groove when RPoL's data looked like it might be lost, and so far I haven't gotten back into things. Hopefully this weekend I'll manage something.
The paragraph I wrote doesn't resemble the previous two drafts much at all, though at this point I don't know whether it actually looks better or not. I'm really not in the right mood to do this next scene. Maybe I'll skip over to Amulet II for a while instead. Basically what I feel like doing is writing, not editting or rewriting. Amulet II isn't a finished story; there's more to write. I just have to read over what I had before, take lots of notes, and figure out how to finish it. The first draft will probably end up in the 90k range, which should make the whole thing a fairly hefty book when I'm all done with the final version. (At least compared to Temple.)
Or I could always finish off Stranger on a Bus. That's still sitting there halfway through chapter ten, waiting for me to get in the right mood to finish off the last 2.5 chapters. But probably not right now, while I'm buried in Fortress Launne.
Or I could try to figure out Amulet I. That's basically a pile of disjointed scenes, most of which will probably be discarded. There were two or three in there that I liked and will probably try to keep. But that was a weird story anyway, as it seemed to be trying to take over the reins, and I wasn't ready for that. Two characters wandered in that I thought would be minor, but who turn out to feel much differently. And almost nothing about the way I wrote the MC felt right.
Or I could attempt to nurture that seed of an idea I have for an Anitaverse-game-inspired story about my characters. That's really not much more than a gleam in my eye at this point though.
I guess basically I have no idea what I want to do. I'll figure it out tomorrow...
2006/05/20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment