"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light." --Dylan Thomas
That was the inspirational quote I kept in mind all while I slogged away on that roleplay post. I had to dig very, very deep to find anything to move me at all. In the end, it wasn't so much the other players' posts, it was me trying something extremely backwards and stupid. So much so that I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all.
I had absolutely nothing to write about. So I decided to write about nothing. For 6 paragraphs. Of prose poetry. :p Exactly 40 words per paragraph, with the last word of each one rhyming with the last words of the others. The scan is so terrible (intentionally so) that it's actually awe-inspiring. The only useful thing in the whole post is the very last sentence, where my character has a line of dialogue wherein he agrees with another player's character. Yep. When you boil it all down, all it is is an "I agree. Me too." post.
Final wordcount on the thing: 243. I wrote and then deleted at least 3 times that many over the course of the week, though.
*sighs and can finally be at peace* ... *until next time*
Now it's on to the weekend and I'm way behind on my word count. Beginning of Day 4. By the end of today I'm supposed to have 4k words. So far I'm counting my one post for 957 of them (it's allowed by the rules). There were a few other random roleplay posts that I dashed off in a jiffy, which accounts for another 198 words. So I'm about 2900 words behind.
I have two roleplay posts in line for tomorrow, which will hopefully go a lot quicker, and then I can go look at an actual novel.
2005/06/04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment