2005/06/09

SFR - Start of Day 9 :)

I'm starting to get into the swing of things now. :)

955 more words toward Flattening of a Temple. 680 of those expanded one of the scenes I had before, and the other 274 words were the start of one of the remaining scenes still to do. I'm chugging along pretty good now, I think. ;)

At the moment, I guess you could technically call it "editting" - in that I am going through and adding stuff to scenes that I've already written. But I'm not editting for wordcrafting yet, for the most part. Mostly it's to get the plot finished up and consistent. Ironically, I'm actually introducing plot holes into the thing, now that I've had a lot of time to think about it since last November. :p I know what needs to get added in, and roughly what will need to get taken out, so as I do that the plot is going to start looking kind of wonky for a while. Hehe... my poor beta readers.

Somewhere I read that Stephen King writes first drafts of his stories just to find out what happens, and then he discards it to write the "real" version. I suspect I'm going to be doing something similar. There's a lot of well-written parts in Temple, but also a lot of crummy stuff where the characters just didn't get pegged as well as I wanted. So I'll probably use the first draft as material fodder for the "real" version of the novel. No clue when I'll actually write the presentable version. So far I'm thinking maybe I should write at least the first 4 novels in the series, and then polish them all up together. They all sort of tie in with each other...

Then there were 201 more words in two miscellaneous roleplay posts. I've definitely passed the 1k-per-day quota for once. :D


[ 4505/60,000 | 8 days down | 52 days left ]
Uneditted roleplay: 668
Writing-heavy roleplay: 1520
Temple: 2317

No comments:

Post a Comment