"The art of writing is the art of applying the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair."
I beg to differ. :p I've been doing that on this one stupid post for two days now, and there's STILL nothing coming. My muse took one look at that thread and fled in terror. No sign that it wants to come back to it, ever. (I can still write just fine for anything else ... just not this one post.)
(I wonder if I can borrow Sheba's new muse... maybe I need mythological beasts to decorate my writing area too.)
The main problem, I think, is that one of the players just sucks the inspirational life out of me. She didn't used to back when the game first started. Our first scene was with each other and it was a great scene. But ever since then it's gone downhill. It makes me reflect on the theory that one has to be seriously disturbed and issue-laden in order to be a true creative genius. Several months after our first scene, she started resolving some of her issues. Now the same type of spiky energy just isn't there anymore, and her posts are downright exhausting to read.
I've been trying to come up with a response more to one of the other players, who has always been good as an external muse before. Unfortunately, his post wasn't terribly inspiring either. She might be having the same effect on him, too, but he's much more creative than I am and managed to find a very clever way of not responding to most of her post. Unfortunately I don't have the same outs as he does.
It really feels like I'm trying to squeeze blood out of turnips here. And I can't NOT write it because that's what the scene is and it can't be changed, either. Not like in a single-person writing effort where I could just switch out characters that aren't working, or delete the whole scene if it's getting bogged down and going nowhere.
Anyway. I guess I better get back to slogging away on it some more. Grrr. Arrrgh.
2005/06/02
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment