2005/06/12

Day 12 so far

SFFMuse Summer Fun Run: [ 6590/60,000 | 11 days down | 49 days left ]
Uneditted roleplay: 1884
Writing-heavy roleplay: 1520
Temple: 2317
Taint: 869

Yesterday I think my grand total came to around 980 words. However, only 120 of those were for a novel (Taint), while the other 860 was all uneditted roleplay (10 total posts).

But I had a blast. :) Nearly 12 straight hours of pingpong, mostly with one person though a couple others wandered in briefly. My favorite roleplay buddy was apparently sitting around at home all day long watching his newborn sleep, and had nothing else to do. ;)

I did slip off for an hour-long nap, and in the lull immediately afterward when I'd posted and nobody had replied and I figured they had left, I wrote my 120 novel words. Then the roleplay started up again and I gave up trying to write at the same time. By the end of the 12 hours I had written 10 total posts in 3 games, and a whole lot of OOC messages (scene setup queries, combat, stats questions, etc.) (of course they don't count as words, but I thought I'd explain (to myself) why it took 12 hours to write only 10 posts...).

Roleplay writing is definitely good practice for writing good material fast. You have to both write it and simultaneously edit it on-the-fly, within 20 minutes or less.

Now I wish I'd stayed up to finish writing part 2 of the Taint scene. When I went to bed a couple nights ago, it was all crystal-clear in my mind exactly what the rest of it was going to look like. Unfortunately, I didn't write it down. :( Not even any notes to myself in outline format or anything. Now it's all gone. Lesson learned, I guess. :P Sleep isn't as important when I'm on a roll!

Today my roleplay buddy seems to be off again. Heheh... I need to do all the stuff I didn't do yesterday, such as shopping and random household chores. I suspect today is going to be a very writing-light day all around, while I recharge from yesterday.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some lingering thoughts to update past yesterday's blog entry. If nothing else, I'm creating content for other people to read, since nobody else seems to be talking. :p *pokes everyone with a stick*

No comments:

Post a Comment