SFFMuse Summer Fun Run: [ 9538/60,000 | 16 days down | 44 days left ]
Uneditted roleplay: 4429
Writing-heavy roleplay: 1794
Temple: 2317
Taint: 998
Apparently I'm quite prolific when it comes to roleplay. :p Started off a new character today, and the intro post came to around 250 words. A couple of other games are moving quite fast lately. I've definitely been kept hopping this past week.
Last night I wrote a 450ish word post to the game where I'm really kind of annoyed with the pointless tome writer. So I wrote back a tome that was so pointless that it makes me laugh just looking at it.
Basically my character is still doing the same thing he did in the last post (the prose poem one). Sitting there watching other people. :p
The first half of my post was a response to something in another player's post that she blew past so fast that there was really no way to write in a sensible IC response from my character. So I didn't write it from my character's point of view. I just responded to it as myself, in a lengthy rant about the meaning of life. :p It's borderline making me feel kind of guilty for counting it as a work of fiction, since it really wasn't. More of the type of philosophical rambling that you might find in my monthly freewrites.
Then I started off the second half of it with "Aaron, of course, thought none of these things." :p The rest of the post was from my character's perspective, badly written (it was what a typical first draft looks like for that game), and I couldn't make myself care enough to polish it. Needless to say, it got counted under "uneditted roleplay."
Anyway, so that's what I've been up to writing-wise. I'm kind of surprised that I'm only 6k words behind for the challenge. I guess those roleplay words really add up to quite a lot. Each individual post tends to run 50-100 words, unless something emotionally significant is happening (more words) or it's combat (less words). At the moment, I'm in 5 active games with 8 characters. Plus a couple dead ones, neither of which are likely to come back to life anytime soon. One is the Wraith game where I was co-GMing, playing all the shadow characters; the main GM sort of fell in love... (but I'm very happy for her. ;) )
2005/06/16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment