SFFMuse Summer Fun Run: [ 8072/60,000 | 14 days down | 46 days left ]
Uneditted roleplay: 2963
Writing-heavy roleplay: 1794
Temple: 2317
Taint: 998
Sadly, the fastest wordcount growth is in my "uneditted roleplay" category. I'm falling farther and farther behind on overall wordcount. I don't know how I managed to be so prolific last November, but it sure isn't happening now. :p
Well. Partly it's because I'm editting Taint as I write it. This means endless dickering over phrasing, and whether a given character would actually say or do what I'm claiming that they're saying or doing. And in one case, whether a character even knows the info that he's sharing to the rest of the room (I eventually decided on 'yes' just because I didn't want to figure out how to change it).
Maybe I should stop that and go back to looking at Temple for a while. It does seem to help if I rotate between projects on a 2-3 day time scale. As long as I'm not rotating so fast between them that I start getting scattered.
Apparently my current project is roleplay. :p My favorite roleplay buddy has been around a lot these past few days, and I'm taking advantage of his presence as much as possible, before he disappears unannounced on yet another business trip to somewhere without Internet access.
The biggest project that I'm doing at the moment, actually, is the archiving of dead past games. I spent all today saving stuff out of my long-defunct Stargate freeform, which ended at 3828 posts. There were four major groupings of plot types, plus a couple minor ones. The biggest plot is the one I have left at this point, and it's been a pain trying to figure out how best to save everything into a single long file so that it makes sense upon rereading. Today was spent cutting together two very long threads with hundreds of posts apiece. Tomorrow it'll be much worse, as the number of simultaneous threads exploded after the point where I stopped today. :p
This is kind of what I mean about layering in stories (blog entry back in like January :p). When you're putting it all together into a book, it has to be collapsed into a single long strand. One dimension. Not several strands of a tapestry moving together, like a roleplaying game typically is.
Then, when I'm done doing the Stargate game, I get to archive a Vampire game that ended at 6702 posts... but at least I was only playing that one, not running it, so I'm mostly just interested in my own characters and not everything in the entire game.
Oh well. I've got a couple roleplay posts that I need to work on (both for the "heavy writing" category so this is going to take some effort...). I should probably at least start on them before I go to bed.
2005/06/15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment